CRIME MINDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRIME MINDS

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Latest imagesLatest images  
Latest topics
» Facebook Friends
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 pm by Admin

» 4-10-2010 Search in the Desert
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 am by nnrpece

» Mother of Baby Gabriel goes on hunger strike
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:21 pm by LindaOz

» Park Found where Elizabeth Johnson passed Baby Gabriel off
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm by LindaOz

» Strange Finding in West Desert
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm by mandypandy

» Series of Blunders by Police
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 pm by LindaOz

» Josh Causing Scene in Strip Club
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:32 pm by LindaOz

» The Search Continues
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:26 pm by LindaOz

» Susan's Family on Dr. Phil
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:23 am by LindaOz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:24 pm

The family of Kristi Cornwell will appear on Fox’s “America’s Most Wanted” Saturday night (8/22/2009). The Cornwells pre-recorded the show in Blairsville, said Keith Hogsed, the woman’s cousin.
Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday Ht_kristi_cornwell_090819_mn
Back to top Go down
https://crimeminds.forumotion.com
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:03 pm

I stumbled onto this case last week. Googlearthed and everything...and guessed the correct route the car took because, next day, her phone was found on the road I chose. I guess they say it headed for North Carolina but my guess is that she never made it more than 10 miles from her home...yet not found yet, as I see. Her boyfriend is pretty much in the clear because they were talking on the cell phone when she got grabbed but he was in Atlanta. Her friends don't know the boyfriend and this is unusual for her to not share this info with them. They don't know if she was targeted or if it was random so far, I guess. I happen to think she was taken by someone local as the road chosen seems to go out into the sticks rather than straight to a highway nearby. And I DO mean sticks...she could be hidden in a million places out that way.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:21 am

You got my curiosity up so I had to check Jones Creek Road on Google maps. It is way out there - not a place where some sex preditor would just be driving around hoping to find someone he could kidnap.

Here is a brief interview with the Boyfriend, Douglas Davis:
http://news.google.com/news/search?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=Kristi+Cornwell+

Another interview with Davis and a friend of Kristi's from Blairsville:
http://wsbradio.com/localnews/2009/08/missing-womans-boyfriend-speak.html

I'm trying to understand how she could have kept her cell phone with her through the struggle.
Back to top Go down
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:55 am

She might have stuffed the phone into her pocket without him seeing her. Yes, from there to the Nottely Dam Road north and this would not be the quickest way out of the area, either. You measure 3.5 miles from where she was taken and it leaves you wondering...did they head east on Nottely Dam road where it forks to the north and then head back west on same road? Was she still in the car at that point or left behind to the east? A man found the cell when mowing his lawn and the only place that could be is to the west on that road...no house at 3.5 miles to the west.
Did this abductor grab her cell phone and throw it from the car after dumping her...or did SHE do this to try to show which way she was being taken?
She was abducted near her own church and home on what looks like a small town road...and some church members remember seeing her before she disappeared. Was it a church member who grabbed her? Whatever, it seems like a "local crime."
And, ya know...is the boyfriend really above suspicion? I never know these days with all that happens. He could have had an accomplice but that is pretty far fetched.
Just don't know why she didn't tell her friends anything about him and neither do they...apparently she told her close friends EVERYTHING, or so they thought. Maybe she had a good reason for keeping this guy a secret?
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:12 pm

squirrelgirl wrote:
She might have stuffed the phone into her pocket without him seeing her. Yes, from there to the Nottely Dam Road north and this would not be the quickest way out of the area, either. You measure 3.5 miles from where she was taken and it leaves you wondering...did they head east on Nottely Dam road where it forks to the north and then head back west on same road? Was she still in the car at that point or left behind to the east? A man found the cell when mowing his lawn and the only place that could be is to the west on that road...no house at 3.5 miles to the west.
Did this abductor grab her cell phone and throw it from the car after dumping her...or did SHE do this to try to show which way she was being taken?
She was abducted near her own church and home on what looks like a small town road...and some church members remember seeing her before she disappeared. Was it a church member who grabbed her? Whatever, it seems like a "local crime."
And, ya know...is the boyfriend really above suspicion? I never know these days with all that happens. He could have had an accomplice but that is pretty far fetched.
Just don't know why she didn't tell her friends anything about him and neither do they...apparently she told her close friends EVERYTHING, or so they thought. Maybe she had a good reason for keeping this guy a secret?

I'm not sure where she started from. I don't find a listing for her home address but there is a Baptist church on ND Rd. I believe that based on where they found the cell phone they thought she was heading toward the NC border. 4.2 miles NE of the church on Nottely Dam Road there is a night club called "Bubba's Country Rock Cafe". It is at 7884 ND Rd near the intersection of Murphy Hwy which would take them up to NC. It's only 2.1 miles to the border. I can't find much info on this club but it only gets a 60% favorable rating out of 10 votes. I wonder if some drunk patrons decided to take a cruise and abducted her.

She had to have kept the phone on her but according to the BF it was connected when she screamed "don't take me" which would have been in the midst of a struggle. She may have gotten it in her pocket at that time. It would help to know what kind of cell she had and how it is disconnected, by flipping closed, or having to press a button. If she were put into a back seat she probably tried to use her phone. When discovered they may have thrown it out, or she may have been taken back out of the car at that location. Hopefully they have used scent dogs where the cell phone was found. Might be interesting for LE to check all cash register receipts for checks or credit cards for people who paid shortly before Kristi was taken.

If you know the address of the church (if not the one I mentioned) or her home, please let me know so I can Google map it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 am

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/08/missing_in_georgia_kristi_corn.php

Here's a link which shows where the "struggle" occurred. I didn't know about that bar...that sure adds a new possible dimension to the whole story. As for the other info,
I will try to look it up. This story really has me curious. I just can't see this happening at the hands of strangers or "outsiders" to the area. She was in the habit of walking this circuit every evening and may have come to someone's attention that way. I'll be looking into answers to your questions...but, I do know that she lived close to where she was abducted. I still don't think she's far from where she disappeared...they headed north but I don't think North Carolina was the goal...my feeling is that a private residence or isolated spot to the north was the goal.
Back to top Go down
TexasGoldenGirl
Admin
TexasGoldenGirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Putting myself in her place, I think I would have tucked that phone in a pocket real fast hoping I could talk to my abductors so my boyfriend could hear without them knowing the phone was still on...which might be why she screamed "Don't take me" so that he would in fact know that she was being taken.

Naturally if they saw her talking on her cell phone as she was walking along, the first thing they would want to do is find the cell phone and toss it especially since cell phone pings could have helped LE locate at least which direction they went.

The boyfriend apparently was on Good Morning America or something being interviewed but I can't find a video or picture or any info on him although they say he has been cleared because of his own phone records.

What I can't figure out though is why she didn't scream out a license plate number to her boyfriend. I guess hindsight is 20/20 and she only had a split second to make decision.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:35 pm

squirrelgirl wrote:

Here's a link which shows where the "struggle" occurred. I didn't know about that bar...that sure adds a new possible dimension to the whole story. As for the other info,
I will try to look it up. This story really has me curious. I just can't see this happening at the hands of strangers or "outsiders" to the area. She was in the habit of walking this circuit every evening and may have come to someone's attention that way. I'll be looking into answers to your questions...but, I do know that she lived close to where she was abducted. I still don't think she's far from where she disappeared...they headed north but I don't think North Carolina was the goal...my feeling is that a private residence or isolated spot to the north was the goal.

Thanks for the address. I'll get back to Google and look around too. I had the wrong street. So, Bubba's Country Rock Cafe is actually about 18 miles from where she was abducted.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:44 pm

TexasGoldenGirl wrote:
Putting myself in her place, I think I would have tucked that phone in a pocket real fast hoping I could talk to my abductors so my boyfriend could hear without them knowing the phone was still on...which might be why she screamed "Don't take me" so that he would in fact know that she was being taken.

Naturally if they saw her talking on her cell phone as she was walking along, the first thing they would want to do is find the cell phone and toss it especially since cell phone pings could have helped LE locate at least which direction they went.

The boyfriend apparently was on Good Morning America or something being interviewed but I can't find a video or picture or any info on him although they say he has been cleared because of his own phone records.

What I can't figure out though is why she didn't scream out a license plate number to her boyfriend. I guess hindsight is 20/20 and she only had a split second to make decision.

I would do exactly what you would, try to keep the cell line open in a pocket, purse, to keep giving hints as to location, vehicle type, direction, suspects, etc. Now the boyfriend said that as soon as she screamed "don't take me" the phone "went dead", I think one of two things could have happened with the phone: Kristi got it in a pocket but the motion hung it up which is probable, or the suspect(s) saw it and took it.

LE has probably checked out the cell pings on the boyfriends phone to confirm that the call to Kristi was from his phone in his area, however, if he gave his phone to someone else to make the call, he could have abducted her himself. From what I have seen of him in interviews, he doesn't act guilty, but he doesn't seem to have any emotion at all. I'm wondering why she didn't tell her friends about this guy she had been dating for, I believe a couple of weeks, when she used to tell them everything.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 am

squirrelgirl wrote:

Now that I've mapped out where they went I agree. I think she could be found in the rural area surrounding the dam. Since they took Nottely Dam Rd off of the main thoroughfare, as that was where the cell phone was found, they could not have planned to go to another state, as that is just a long windy road out in the boonies. If they were going to TN, they would have gone left on the thoroughfare. If they planned to go to ND, they would have not turned where they did, but gone a little further to Appalachian Hwy.

In checking the GA Sex Offender Registry, I found this guy living just down the street from where the cell phone was found:

Shaun Pruitt Colwell, 2058 Nottely Dam Rd, Blairsville.

He lives only 9/10 mile up the road from where the cell was found, and 4.4 miles from Kristi's home. Also listed at his home address is Dotson Garage, but I don't find any info on that.

This link will take you to my Google map showing the route taken.
A: Where Kristi was abducted.
B: Residence of SO Colwell.
Cell phone founds 9/10 of a mile South of Colwell house.

I wish Equusearch could get involved in this one with their new drone planes to search off the highway all around the dam.

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=2058+Nottely+Dam+Rd,+Blairsville,+GA+30512&geocode=%3BFex-FAIdohf9-g&dirflg=&saddr=537+Jones+Creek+Rd,+Blairsville,+GA+30512&f=d&hl=en&sll=34.897644,-84.076638&sspn=0.011404,0.014656&ie=UTF8&ll=34.881214,-84.085236&spn=0.045626,0.058622&t=h&z=14

Last edited by LindaOz on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:21 am

I wish I could post my "live" Googlearth and how I've put markers at each spot to show what happened where...but, measuring 3.5 miles along Nottely Dam Road...there are only 2 places where the phone could have been found. One spot measures 3.5 miles and it is where Nottely Dam Road is still heading NORTH. Next, you can measure 3.5 miles along the same road while it is now heading WEST. No place else along that road will it measure out at 3.5 miles. The fact that the phone was found in one of those 2 places does not necessarily mean that she was still in the car, however, (although I think she was and threw it out the window herself.) A fold-up phone would shut off and a phone that does not fold-up COULD shut off when placed into a pocket. She was taken at 9:30 pm so it would have been dark...I suspect she just hid it in her pocket easily in the dark; hoping for another opportunity to use it. LE said they headed towards North Carolina and the reason I don't think that was the goal is because...why not head out EAST on Route 76 and then NORTH onto Murphy Highway? That would be so much quicker than heading along Nottely Dam Road (Route 325)...which, by the way, eventually meets up with Murphy Highway after meandering all along throughout that lakes region to the north...and after passing that Bubba bar area. It makes no sense to me for them (or him) to drive all around through the boondocks to get to a highway that is just a bit north of where she was taken by way of Route 76 and onto Murphy Highway. See? Just take a little time to Googlearth it and it makes no sense...unless the destination was NOT North Carolina but somewhere along Nottely Dam Road or further into the sticks after leaving Nottely Dam Road. There are literally tons of square miles of woods up that way and houses are few and far between...tons of small lakes and streams, rivers, etc...any number of hiding places along that Nottely Dam Road, unfortunately.
Here's a thought (though I don't necessarily think it is the way it was) but, if the boyfriend wanted to kidnap her...all he needed was an accomplice and to make sure that he was talking to her at the time she was abducted. Who called who, I wonder? Yet, his phone records would show that he had been speaking to another person in the area right before the abduction so it's doubtful that's the case...unless he also owns a "pay as you go" phone and used that one. Another kind of off the wall possibility is that she is involved in her own abduction...very doubtful but, in this day and age, not unheard of. (I don't believe this for a minute, by the way, but nothing would shock me.)
Don't really know why but I have Honey Farm Lane and Low Creek Lane marked off on my Google map...you'll find them just a bit north off of Nottely Creek Road just a bit further along than where cell phone was found. But, also, check out where Nottetly Dam Road goes north...then suddenly turns abruptly to the WEST...McClure Branch Road goes straight into what looks like a very sandy or muddy area...what the heck kind of an area is that? There is a large lake up that way and probably lots of little cabins not even visible from the aerial map. I vote for locals having been involved, for sure. I think you just have to know that whole, huge area like the back of your hand to have pulled this one off. I hate to be negative but I also have no hope that she is alive.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 am

squirrelgirl wrote:
I wish I could post my "live" Googlearth and how I've put markers at each spot to show what happened where...but, measuring 3.5 miles along Nottely Dam Road...there are only 2 places where the phone could have been found. One spot measures 3.5 miles and it is where Nottely Dam Road is still heading NORTH. Next, you can measure 3.5 miles along the same road while it is now heading WEST. No place else along that road will it measure out at 3.5 miles. The fact that the phone was found in one of those 2 places does not necessarily mean that she was still in the car, however, (although I think she was and threw it out the window herself.) A fold-up phone would shut off and a phone that does not fold-up COULD shut off when placed into a pocket. She was taken at 9:30 pm so it would have been dark...I suspect she just hid it in her pocket easily in the dark; hoping for another opportunity to use it. LE said they headed towards North Carolina and the reason I don't think that was the goal is because...why not head out EAST on Route 76 and then NORTH onto Murphy Highway? That would be so much quicker than heading along Nottely Dam Road (Route 325)...which, by the way, eventually meets up with Murphy Highway after meandering all along throughout that lakes region to the north...and after passing that Bubba bar area. It makes no sense to me for them (or him) to drive all around through the boondocks to get to a highway that is just a bit north of where she was taken by way of Route 76 and onto Murphy Highway. See? Just take a little time to Googlearth it and it makes no sense...unless the destination was NOT North Carolina but somewhere along Nottely Dam Road or further into the sticks after leaving Nottely Dam Road. There are literally tons of square miles of woods up that way and houses are few and far between...tons of small lakes and streams, rivers, etc...any number of hiding places along that Nottely Dam Road, unfortunately.
Here's a thought (though I don't necessarily think it is the way it was) but, if the boyfriend wanted to kidnap her...all he needed was an accomplice and to make sure that he was talking to her at the time she was abducted. Who called who, I wonder? Yet, his phone records would show that he had been speaking to another person in the area right before the abduction so it's doubtful that's the case...unless he also owns a "pay as you go" phone and used that one. Another kind of off the wall possibility is that she is involved in her own abduction...very doubtful but, in this day and age, not unheard of. (I don't believe this for a minute, by the way, but nothing would shock me.)
Don't really know why but I have Honey Farm Lane and Low Creek Lane marked off on my Google map...you'll find them just a bit north off of Nottely Creek Road just a bit further along than where cell phone was found. But, also, check out where Nottetly Dam Road goes north...then suddenly turns abruptly to the WEST...McClure Branch Road goes straight into what looks like a very sandy or muddy area...what the heck kind of an area is that? There is a large lake up that way and probably lots of little cabins not even visible from the aerial map. I vote for locals having been involved, for sure. I think you just have to know that whole, huge area like the back of your hand to have pulled this one off. I hate to be negative but I also have no hope that she is alive.

Wow, Squirrel, we are definitely on the same wavelength at the exact same time today! When I was rechecking the map for Honey Farm Lane and Low Creek Lane I discovered Pat Colwell Road (as in Colwell, sex offender I mentioned). Could this be an area a relative lived or lives?

I also checked sex offenders in Bethlehem, the only town out there on that road they were on. There are 10 living out there but none of them are considered "preditors". Interestingly, 3 of them live in different houses on Tanner Lane (2 were statutory rape, and one was cruelty to children), so this sounds like a long shot for Kristi's case, but I wonder if one of these may have been a buddy they were enroute to.

Can you recall what caught your attention about those two streets you named?
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 am

Squirrel - I was looking at the muddy sandy area too off McClure Branch Rd., which happens to be the next road after Pat Colwell Rd. Let's say the SO grew up around there, since the street may be named after a relative, if they turned off on Pat Colwell Road to do whatever they wanted in seclusion, they would only have to go 7.6 miles to get out to Murphy Hwy. This route also goes to a penninsula and smaller bay with boats docked, then out in the boonies to Murphy Hwy.
Back to top Go down
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 am

Wow...great minds are thinking alike at the same time! But, on your map...also check this out...which is how I imagined it happening...
Go back to your abduction point and head the OTHER way along Jones Creek Road and go onto Jones Creek Lane...which leads straight to Nottely Dam Road without having to take Route 76 at all. (Keeps him on the back roads in the dark.) Now, this is weird, I admit...but this kind of stuff worked for me on the Caylee Anthony case at times...when I first read about this case...I Googlearthed it and just followed these roads by "feel." At one point I thought to myself...yup, you were taken along Nottely Dam Road, for sure. It wasn't until the next day that I read that the phone was found on Nottely Dam Road so, that is why I decided that this is how it happened and that was the route taken. (Only because I "drove" that way by map the day before and there, I admitted to having a little bit of psychic belief in this kind of thing!...didn't say psychic ability, mind you...just belief. Please don't think I'm crazy!) There is no logical reason why they did not take the route you show and I guess the important thing is that we both feel that a trip into the boonies was the purpose of it all. Also, great work on the sexual deviant aspect which I never would have thought of and don't know how to do by computer even if I had...I hope LE has their eye on him. In a "small" place like that, they must know about him, right? Not only that, but you have to admit...that Bubba place IS at the end of that road so you weren't that far off in mentioning it...you just KNOW that anyone local to that area has sat down there for some slosh time at one point or another. 18 miles is nothing when it comes to country driving and there aren't too many other bars around, right?
(I don't know how to use Googlearth to look up stuff like that which is why I ask.)
Back to top Go down
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:09 pm

The names of the streets I just picked by the feeling of them. So, nothing scientific about it. You are the one who appears to have a great investigative ability but, between the 2 of us, it sure is jiving today! Colwell Road probably is named after a relative just as you say. Small town, very likely and NOT very likely that it isn't related in nature. Yeah...isn't that area straight up Nottely Dam towards that big lake "hot?" If, after being in that area, he then emerged to drive west on Notttely Dam Road...he could have easily thrown the phone out the window himself to "throw" police off. She, of course, would no longer be in the car. Does he live out that way as you head west on Nottely? I'm going to take more time later to read everything you wrote again to avoid stupid questions that are already answered in what you wrote and put it up against my own map. Damn, I wish I had the nerve to drive to the area...it's only a day trip away from where I am but I sure wouldn't want to get lost or break down out there or trespass, etc. I think you would be taken seriously if you emailed the police department though. I can't approach them from my ESP aspect but you have some pretty good stuff there. What could it hurt?
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:31 pm

squirrelgirl wrote:
The names of the streets I just picked by the feeling of them. So, nothing scientific about it. You are the one who appears to have a great investigative ability but, between the 2 of us, it sure is jiving today! Colwell Road probably is named after a relative just as you say. Small town, very likely and NOT very likely that it isn't related in nature. Yeah...isn't that area straight up Nottely Dam towards that big lake "hot?" If, after being in that area, he then emerged to drive west on Notttely Dam Road...he could have easily thrown the phone out the window himself to "throw" police off. She, of course, would no longer be in the car. Does he live out that way as you head west on Nottely? I'm going to take more time later to read everything you wrote again to avoid stupid questions that are already answered in what you wrote and put it up against my own map. Damn, I wish I had the nerve to drive to the area...it's only a day trip away from where I am but I sure wouldn't want to get lost or break down out there or trespass, etc. I think you would be taken seriously if you emailed the police department though. I can't approach them from my ESP aspect but you have some pretty good stuff there. What could it hurt?

I don't think you are crazy at all as I get the same feelings when mapping. Sometimes a street names strikes me and I can trace it to an old memory, or something unrelated and sometimes it just strikes me. I wish we knew what side of the road the cell phone was on. They probably tossed it on the way up Nottely Dam Rd as they probably know about pings. From what I saw on news clips, there is a house or two on the left (east) side that look like the spot where it was found. If on that side it may suggest the driver threw it, but if on the west side, there was probably more than one person.

Talk about thinking alike...I had mapped out that alternate route you thought about, taking the more secluded Jones Creek Rd instead of that thoroughfare. On one news broadcast they said they knew she was going North, but I think they just mapped the shortest route. The one you mentioned I think is about .02 miles more. I wonder if they have ping towers that could have differentiated the exact route from her cell phone. I have a stronger feeling for Jones Creek Road route rather than that thoroughfare.

I downloaded GoogleEarth but can't figure out how to enter an address. All I have is a world where you point and click the mapl, zoom in and out and move around. Is there another add on I can download that you know of? I'd like to see what cars are parked the SO's house.

The SO address is marked on my map, I believe as B, just 9/10 mile up Nottely Dam Rd from where the cell was found.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Squirrel - It's a good thing you aren't driving up there as they have as you would have to cross "Squirrel Hunter Street".

I mapped out the sex offenders that live up in that area. There are 3 right off Nottely Dam Road. Two of them live only 2000 feet from each other! The first one listed below lives just a little ways up past Honey Farm Rd.

Mitchell, Thomas Henry - child molest
9233 Lance Mountain Rd, Blairsville 30512

Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday 247_Thomas_Henry_Mitchell

Sex: Male
Height: 6'00"
Hair Color: Black
Scars: None
Marks: None
Tattoos: Left Hand
Address: 9233 Lance Mountain Rd
City: Blairsville
State: Georgia
Zip: 30512
Conviction Date: 03/10/1998
Registration Date: 03/11/1998

Brumfield, Cecil J Brumfield, Cecil J - child molest
4749 Fletcher Ray Rd, Blairsville 30512

Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday 247_Brumfield_August_2009

Sex: Male
Height: 5'09"
Hair Color: Brown
Scars: None
Marks: None
Tattoos: Right Eye
Address: 4749 Fletcher Ray Rd
City: Blairsville
Zip Code: 30512
Conviction Date: 10/15/2002
Registration Date: 10/06/2005
EMPLOYMENT
Address: 125 Industrial Boulevard
City: Ellijay
County: Gilmer
Zip: 30540
Race: White
Year of Birth: 1982
Weight: 158 Pounds
Eye Color: Hazel
Incarcerated: No
County: Union
Residence Verified: 04/21/2009
Crime: Child Molestation
Conviction State: Georgia
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:20 pm

For a couple of days I've read articles that included mention of an abandoned vehicle found in the woods a few miles from the Cornwell home. I can't find any more information on this, so either they are being tight-lipped or there was no connection. Has anyone heard any more about this abandoned car?

Breaking News 24/7
Police said the GBI is also looking at an abandoned car found in the woods several miles from the abduction.

http://blog.taragana.com/n/authorities-probe-whether-ex-probation-officers-job-played-into-abduction-near-parents-home-142117/
Back to top Go down
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Thanks for posting that link...I had not heard about an abandoned car. Now I am more confused, though, because this article says cell phone found 2 miles from abduction site and car found several miles from abduction site. Are these 2 objects nearby to each other? I find a distance for the cell phone more often listed as 3.5 miles along Nottely Dam Road and that will bring you right to a house on the left side of the street with a barn (guy said he found the cell by his barn.) I had not thought about the fact that SHE would not be likely to be able to throw it out the left window unless there was someone sitting to the right of her in the back seat. Sometimes I do think there must have been more than one person...she doesn't seem to be the "shrinking violet" type, as she fought and screamed from the start. Think it's related to her probation officer past? I wonder.
My older sister called me today about a lead called in after AMW show...some caller said to look around King Mountain, NC. Why was my sister interested in the case? Get this...she and her husband rented a cabin on Nottely Dam Lake about 11 years ago!! She said, in those days, the water of that lake went right into the land, ie; NO sandy beaches as you see now. She remembers the area well and agreed that, to be headed up Nottely Dam Road, it is unlikely that the destination was NC...unless it was someone who lives up that way over the border. But, to be headed to King Mountain, you would head just the opposite way. But, I guess LE is checking it out right now.
Hey, any street name that is dedicated to squirrels is ok by me! This case is bugging me no end...
Back to top Go down
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:14 pm

...and, ewww...that first molester...I would probably drop dead just to see him in person. He is so creepy looking. Take a look also at the road to the left just past Honey Farm Road.
Oh, as far as looking up roads: Once you are in the area you can type in the name of a road and it will take you there. Seems Google somehow knows you want to stay in the area. So, take a look at Old Logging Road. The middle fork goes way out through the woods and ends at a curve in a still river which might be a good fishing hole. I'm convinced that this woman is right nearby somewhere and unfortunately killed before she was missing too long. Just as Casey did, they might dump this woman's body someplace where they felt safe and familiar with surroundings. Guys in areas like these often drink, boat, hunt and fish...sorry to sound so prejudiced but...
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 pm

squirrelgirl wrote:
...and, ewww...that first molester...I would probably drop dead just to see him in person. He is so creepy looking. Take a look also at the road to the left just past Honey Farm Road.
Oh, as far as looking up roads: Once you are in the area you can type in the name of a road and it will take you there. Seems Google somehow knows you want to stay in the area. So, take a look at Old Logging Road. The middle fork goes way out through the woods and ends at a curve in a still river which might be a good fishing hole. I'm convinced that this woman is right nearby somewhere and unfortunately killed before she was missing too long. Just as Casey did, they might dump this woman's body someplace where they felt safe and familiar with surroundings. Guys in areas like these often drink, boat, hunt and fish...sorry to sound so prejudiced but...

I've noticed the discrepancy in miles the cell was found. I think 2 miles wouldn't even have it on ND Rd, so probably is 3.5. On Google map it does look like the clip I saw on the news with the mowed front. I agree with you about those guys hunting (they like to kill).

I have such a strong fe4eling (sorry finger splint) that she was dumped in the wilderness out there. that after that day we were mapping everything out I jsut don't know what to do sa a se4arch needs to be made.

I'll go look at Old Logging Rd.

Ne4ver heard another thing about the abandoned car so either not related or they are keeping quiet.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:12 pm

I found Old Logging Rd. It's actually off of Pat Colwell Rd that we discussed before. Colwell being the name of the only registered sex offender living very close to Kristi. I was looking also at terrain and about 500' up Old Logging Rd there is a lookout that appears to be at the top of a hill that overlooks the surrounding are4a. If you go further up and take the first left, this goes into a de4nsely grown canyon area which would be a perfect place to hide a body. The road slightly up from the very bottom of the canyon so they could just dump a body to roll down to the bottom and maybe never be discovered. I wish I was there with a horse!
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:23 pm

Here is the only new info I'm pasting from the bottom of a long article:

Faith helps family of missing Blairsville woman
By Steve Visser

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

More leads to follow
The GBI has ruled out Davis and Cornwell’s ex-husbands as suspects, said GBI spokesman John Bankhead. Investigators interviewed sex offenders and checked into convicts Cornwell supervised as a probation officer but found no leads, Bankhead said.

Cornwell had worked at Home Depot in recent years and was pursuing a degree in medical laboratory technology at Dalton State College, although, according to the college, she had not enrolled for the fall semester. Those connections so far have not brought investigators closer to solving the case.

As of Tuesday, GBI spokesman Bankhead said, agents were still doing interviews and continued to believe Cornwell was grabbed by a stranger familiar with the area, if not known to her.

“We’re prioritizing our tips now and going with the most reliable ones,” he said. “Nothing has panned out but we do have leads to follow.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/faith-helps-family-of-123729.html

I hope they checked anyone who was recently released from prison who she was invovled with as a probation officer.
Back to top Go down
squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:53 pm

"As of Tuesday, GBI spokesman Bankhead said, agents were still doing interviews and continued to believe Cornwell was grabbed by a stranger familiar with the area, if not known to her."

Well, this is interesting to me because my sister said to me last week..."We rented up there and it seemed like lots of cabins in the area were up for rent during the summer. Maybe a vacationer took her?"
Maybe she had something there if it's an area where people might go each summer on vacation and become familiar with the area. She also said that I couldn't even imagine how thick the woods are in that area and that there were a million places a body could be hidden. But, I'm in agreement with you, Oz...I think she's right there somewhere but it's just the massive possibilities of likely places which will make this so difficult. I wish there was a massive hunt on in all the little known swimming holes, fishing holes, camping areas and any other out of the way points of interest. (I suppose there is?) It's so damn hot right about now that it would be great if they could find her before it's too late to find much at all. All around that lake area are small roads and you can see from the aerial map that there are paths in the area, too, without names, etc.
My sister also said that that dam area is massive...I wonder if they've looked through that area completely, too. Last I heard the weather was holding back search efforts and I wonder if that has changed at all.
Isn't it hard to not be able to be right there and DO something?
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:33 pm

squirrelgirl wrote:
"As of Tuesday, GBI spokesman Bankhead said, agents were still doing interviews and continued to believe Cornwell was grabbed by a stranger familiar with the area, if not known to her."

Well, this is interesting to me because my sister said to me last week..."We rented up there and it seemed like lots of cabins in the area were up for rent during the summer. Maybe a vacationer took her?"
Maybe she had something there if it's an area where people might go each summer on vacation and become familiar with the area. She also said that I couldn't even imagine how thick the woods are in that area and that there were a million places a body could be hidden. But, I'm in agreement with you, Oz...I think she's right there somewhere but it's just the massive possibilities of likely places which will make this so difficult. I wish there was a massive hunt on in all the little known swimming holes, fishing holes, camping areas and any other out of the way points of interest. (I suppose there is?) It's so damn hot right about now that it would be great if they could find her before it's too late to find much at all. All around that lake area are small roads and you can see from the aerial map that there are paths in the area, too, without names, etc.
My sister also said that that dam area is massive...I wonder if they've looked through that area completely, too. Last I heard the weather was holding back search efforts and I wonder if that has changed at all.
Isn't it hard to not be able to be right there and DO something?

It is such a huge area to search, and being so heavily wooded limits their search methods. I think in a press release LE should ask residents and tourists in the area of the dam for tips on any suspicious white SUVs or gold Nissan types. My only hope would be that she were still being held in a cabin up there, but that is doubtful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday   Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Family on 'America's Most Wanted' Saturday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next