CRIME MINDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRIME MINDS

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Latest imagesLatest images  
Latest topics
» Facebook Friends
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 pm by Admin

» 4-10-2010 Search in the Desert
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 am by nnrpece

» Mother of Baby Gabriel goes on hunger strike
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:21 pm by LindaOz

» Park Found where Elizabeth Johnson passed Baby Gabriel off
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm by LindaOz

» Strange Finding in West Desert
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm by mandypandy

» Series of Blunders by Police
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 pm by LindaOz

» Josh Causing Scene in Strip Club
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:32 pm by LindaOz

» The Search Continues
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:26 pm by LindaOz

» Susan's Family on Dr. Phil
Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:23 am by LindaOz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Strange Finding in West Desert

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

Strange Finding in West Desert Empty
PostSubject: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:10 pm

This is an article about the cement strip I found a month ago. It appears police have not even checked this out. I was working with a reporter from examiner.com on a 5-part series on Searching for Susan Powell when she found out about this finding a month earlier and wanted to do a story on it. Turns out to have been a good idea as law enforcement agencies this was reported to in February seem to interested in the fact that this hit the press. I think we have sparked a little fire under their butts.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d18-Susan-Powell-Odd-discovery-in-West-Utah-Desert-What-is-worthy-of-police-investigation-Slideshow[left]
Back to top Go down
https://crimeminds.forumotion.com
mandypandy

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks for the update Linda. I can't wait to read it. The article is not posted yet, will have to wait til I get home, am getting ready to leave work in a few minutes. Yea Friday!!!
Back to top Go down
mandypandy

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Still no article posted, keep getting an error 404 along with it saying article will post soon.
Back to top Go down
Justice4all

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am

This link is working. http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d18-Susan-Powell-Odd-discovery-in-West-Utah-Desert-What-is-worthy-of-police-investigation-Slideshow

I can't believe the police haven't checked into this yet. All it would take is one officer with a sledgehammer. They don't seem to have made any progress in finding Susan, so it wouldn't hurt them to spend an hour or two of their time and rule out this possibility.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realitychatter.com
mandypandy

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:37 am

Thank you for the link. I have to agree I don't understand the police not checking it out. Like Linda said in the article it could be something or it could be nothing, but really how long would it take to at least just look at it? Hopefully now that this article has hit the internet someone will take the time to go look at it.

My hats off to you Linda for your persistence and diligence. Hopefully it will help find Susan.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:53 pm

The reporter contacted the Tooele County Sheriff Park who said he sent a deputy out immediately upon reading the article, that he had not seen my email. The dayshift Sgt Gowans called me today to ask if I could meet a deputy out there to show him the exact location as they wanted to be sure they had the right spot so I will be leaving in a few minutes to meet them. Sgt. Gowans said that is an area where they have found several bodies, adults and children so it needs to be checked out. What a refreshing change of attitude from West Valley Police!!!

West Valley Police have washed their hands in assisting with any volunteer searches stating that it would open them up to liability should anyone be hurt or evidence be damaged. Since it is Sheriff Park's jursidiction where volunteers plan a huge search of the west desert, Sheriff Park stated he will not only have a medic helicopter available, deputies available on the scene and personnel to coordinate each search team, but he will be out there himself searching with us because ht wants Susan's family to have some closure.

No wonder Sheriff Park keeps getting re-elected!

applause
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:34 pm

I met the deputy and took him to the site. He believes this "very well may be a body". He took photos, but didn't want either of us to get within about 25' of it. He referred this to the detective unit who will be going out to lift the strip of cement and turn it upside down. This thing must weigh over 700 lbs. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
mandypandy

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:01 am

Finally something! I am so glad to hear the news, please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:25 am

mandypandy wrote:

Mandy, The Tooele Sheriff's Dept is handling this beautifully. What a shame that the West Valley Police are still doing nothing! People are really getting impatient with them.
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi all and Linda, wave Great job Linda! I am so proud of you, you are a true sleuther and a great humanitarian. I was looking on websleuths, I am not a member there but have become one on scared monkeys but rarely post. Any way they were discussing your story and someone on the site said this: " If anyone has a way of contacting this lady please tell her to get a small metal rod and have a cross handle welded on it or something. She can use that to stick into potential grave sites and then smell the end of it. "
Whatever that means. I am so saddened that time continues to pass and Josh is still smug. He will eventually mess up. Keep up the good work Linda. Enjoy spring all... Have a great night!
Back to top Go down
mandypandy

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm

LindaOz wrote:
mandypandy wrote:

Mandy, The Tooele Sheriff's Dept is handling this beautifully. What a shame that the West Valley Police are still doing nothing! People are really getting impatient with them.

As they should be impatient with them. Just seems like too many things fell through the cracks right at the beginning. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange Finding in West Desert   Strange Finding in West Desert Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange Finding in West Desert
Page 1 of 1