CRIME MINDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRIME MINDS

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Latest imagesLatest images  
Latest topics
» Facebook Friends
baby Gabriel EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 pm by Admin

» 4-10-2010 Search in the Desert
baby Gabriel EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 am by nnrpece

» Mother of Baby Gabriel goes on hunger strike
baby Gabriel EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:21 pm by LindaOz

» Park Found where Elizabeth Johnson passed Baby Gabriel off
baby Gabriel EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm by LindaOz

» Strange Finding in West Desert
baby Gabriel EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm by mandypandy

» Series of Blunders by Police
baby Gabriel EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 pm by LindaOz

» Josh Causing Scene in Strip Club
baby Gabriel EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:32 pm by LindaOz

» The Search Continues
baby Gabriel EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:26 pm by LindaOz

» Susan's Family on Dr. Phil
baby Gabriel EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:23 am by LindaOz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

baby Gabriel

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:14 am

Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:20 am

Gabriel Johnson's biological father, Logan McQueary, is begging for the return of his son, who was taken cross-country by his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, last month. He and police believe Johnson may have left the couple's son with people she met in San Antonio, Texas, in an effort to hide Gabriel from McQueary.

"Please, do the right thing and turn him over. Don't worry about getting in trouble or anything like that," McQueary said on "Good Morning America" today to whoever knows where Gabriel is. "Please. I want my son back."

Although police say they now have indications to the contrary, McQueary said he received text messages from his ex-girlfriend while she was on the run, claiming to have murdered their baby. She was arrested Dec. 29 in Miami Beach without Gabriel and charged with interfering with custody.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-baby-gabriel-infant-alive-cops/story?id=9499798
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:25 am

http://www.kpho.com/news/22190418/detail.html

I hope this little boy is safe and okay. I do not understand what is wrong with these young moms. The couple that wnated to adopt Gabriel are now persons of interest.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:45 am

nnrpece wrote:
http://www.kpho.com/news/22190418/detail.html

I hope this little boy is safe and okay. I do not understand what is wrong with these young moms. The couple that wnated to adopt Gabriel are now persons of interest.

I hope so too Donna. It's really scary to think that this brat just gave him away to total strangers. What type of people are they if they try to hide him now? The brat is also bipolar and probably refuses to take her meds.

I haven't made up my mind whether or not the couple who wanted to adopt are hiding anything.
Back to top Go down
https://crimeminds.forumotion.com
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I haven't either Linda. Something is off though. How many people would go through this process without an attorney, and social services involved, plus the fact that they did not have her entire history, yet were adopting her son. I am skeptical.
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:05 am

http://www.kpho.com/news/22227955/detail.html
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Elizabeth Johnson, the mother Tempe police say gave her son away, stuck by her story Wednesday night. She did give person of interest Tammi Smith new information about the people she said have her baby boy when Smith visited her in the Estrella Jail on Wednesday.

From what Smith said she was told, the public might never see baby Gabriel again. After visiting with the 23-year-old Johnson in jail, Smith said she just hopes the little boy is still alive.

Smith said, "They told her it's OK, in a couple years nobody will ever be able to recognize him."

Chilling new details from Johnson paint a picture of a family in hiding, keeping 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson out of the public's eye.

Smith said, "I asked her questions about what these people looked like."

Smith said Elizabeth gladly described the couple she claims she gave Gabriel to in a San Antonio park. Johnson said the woman is between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 3 inches and weighs somewhere between 110 and 125 pounds. Johnson told Smith the man was tall -- a bigger man with short dark hair. She said the couple is Caucasian, in their mid-30s and lives in San Antonio.

Smith said Johnson told her she's shared all this info with the FBI, after she found out about how much jail time she might face.

"She does want the baby to come back now, now because she wants to get out of jail, " Smith said.

But from what Smith said she heard Wednesday, that might not be an option.

Smith said, "They're telling her that this baby in two to three years won't be able to be recognized? Maybe they're going to stay in hiding for a while until they think it's time to come out."

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the safe return of 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson, according to a news release from the Tempe Police Department.

Gabriel was last seen Dec. 26 in San Antonio, Texas.

Investigators said Johnson, drove there from her home in Tempe, stayed about a week, then took a bus to Florida without Gabriel. She was arrested Dec. 30 in Miami Beach and returned to Arizona to face kidnapping and child abuse charges.

Three days before, she told the boy's biological father that she had killed the infant.

The San Antonio Police Department has opened a missing person investigation into Gabriel's disappearance.

Anyone with information on Gabriel's disappearance can call Crime Stoppers in San Antonio at 210-224-STOP (210-224-7867).
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:17 am

Something about all of this is wrong. This Smith person is not being honest. There are some inconsistencies in her stories. Also she is not a longtime family friend. They had just met and were trying to fanagle an adoption. In one of the stories Smith claims that Elizabeth Johnsonn saw the carseat. Well... how come she didn't see the car? She also claims a video, if there is a video where is it? Smith is hiding something. She is starting to remind me of Cindy Anthony. Why would Elizabeth only talk to her? Why not to her grandfather? Baby Gabriel will have to have shots, check ups etc. I hope there is an amber alert out for him now.
With all of this media attention if someone does have him they know it is wrong, so why haven't they come forward. At this point I would think they would be guilty of kidnapping. Smith will always be under the microscope re: this baby, she will never be able to just show up one day with a baby boy. Why aren't there sketches of the so called blonde woman and her husband on the news? Why isn't the tape of these people on the news? Probably because they do not exist.
This case is getting as baffling as the Anthony case. I still have not figured Elizabeth out yet. Casey was easy to figure out, narcissism, and sociopathy were written all over her face. I will have to continue to watch and see. What do you all think of this Tammi Smith person?
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: back ground info. on couple   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 am

Lost baby born into troubled home life

The longer 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson is missing, police say, the less likely it is that authorities will find him - dead or alive.

The chubby-cheeked, towheaded baby has captured the attention of the nation, and his disappearance nearly a month ago has puzzled police.

For three weeks, Tempe police have been following up leads locally and in Texas. The FBI has fanned out across Nashville, Boston and Louisiana. The San Antonio Police Department has opened its own missing-person case. Together, they are getting 20 to 30 tips a day.

"If the child is in good hands, and that's a big if, then the child will still be around," said Tempe police Cmdr. Kim Hale. "But the longer we go, it doesn't help us as far as trying to recover him, wherever the child is, whether that is in a home, or the child has been taken across the border to Mexico, or if he's in the bottom of a landfill."

A broken family

Gabriel's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, 23, is a product of the Boston foster-care system. She lived with five different families before coming back to the Valley at the age of 12 to stay with her father, a recovering drug addict, according to her grandfather, Bob Johnson.

Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary, 25, has a felony record that includes burglaries dating to 2004 and was in jail on parole violations before and after his son's birth.

Johnson and McQueary first met at Mohave Middle School in Scottsdale. She was later expelled from Saguaro High School in Scottsdale, although Bob Johnson said she was a high-achieving student with a nearly perfect grade-point average. She enrolled in a charter school in Tempe and transferred to a school in Boston for her senior year.

Her path would cross McQueary's again after he became friends with Johnson's twin brother, Richard.

McQueary and Johnson grew closer, Bob Johnson said, when McQueary's mother died about a year after Elizabeth's father died. Logan and Elizabeth were together off and on when they could afford it. She sometimes worked at a CVS in Scottsdale. He took work as an electrician.

After McQueary had a falling out with his boss, he and Elizabeth moved to Fort Smith, Ark., Bob Johnson said.

It was there that Gabriel was conceived.

When the couple returned to Arizona, Johnson told her grandfather she had considered terminating the pregnancy. After Gabriel was born, the couple discussed adoption before deciding to raise the boy, the grandfather said. The next time he heard the word "adoption" from his granddaughter, it was December.

It seemed the life she and McQueary tried to build together was crumbling.

Relationship deteriorates

In custody documents filed in December in Maricopa County Superior Court, McQueary said he ended the relationship. In July, he alleged, she became enraged when he didn't return home from work on time and took a knife to his clothing, the couch and the baby crib. She broke dishes and took a cooking pan and smashed the TV while the baby was in the Tempe apartment.

They were forced to move into another apartment.

McQueary said Johnson got out of control again in September when she got mad at her brother on the phone. She cut up the baby's clothes and the crib and broke every window in the apartment. Johnson spent the evening in jail and went through a diversion program on the criminal-damage charges, according to Tempe Municipal Court records.

McQueary wrote in custody documents that he tried to work out their differences, downplaying the order of protection he got against Johnson.

It wasn't enough.

When he broke up with her in mid-December, she told him to take the baby. Then she called police to report Gabriel had been kidnapped.

McQueary petitioned for full custody of Gabriel on Dec. 11 and followed up three days later with an emergency request for temporary custody without notice to the mother.

"She has said several times in the past that she doesn't want the baby," he wrote in his petition, filed on Dec. 14. "She's yelled and screamed at him when I would go to work. When I would go to work, I would put the baby in his room and when I would get home five hours later he would still be in the room (with) no changed diaper and crying and I would ask her what she was doing and she would just yell at me and say go shut that thing up."

He asked again for temporary full custody six days later and told the court she "will run with Gabriel Johnson and hide."

On Dec. 21, in a petition to enforce child-custody determination, he wrote, "When Elizabeth gets mad, she can and will hurt the baby."

By then, she had been away from her home in a Tempe trailer park for three days.

Media frenzy

Since the first news release, when Elizabeth Johnson was found without her baby in Miami, Fla., the media circus has focused on an eager cast of characters.

McQueary was the first to come in front of the cameras, speaking to local reporters and then making brief appearances on cable-news telecasts and network morning shows, pleading for the return of his son.

Then came Jack and Tammi Smith, who met Johnson and Gabriel in the summer in a Boston airport, where Tammi offered to adopt the boy. Smith spent months working with Johnson to gain custody of Gabriel, but McQueary never agreed to surrender his rights.

The Smiths' role in the story never quite seemed clear to police, who on Thursday executed a search warrant on the Smiths' upscale home in the north Scottsdale desert. The search came after investigators named the couple "persons of interest" and insisted the pair knew more than they let on.

Then there's Elizabeth Johnson, perhaps the only one who can shed light on the case. She was seen with her son by motel clerks in San Antonio. She is seen on surveillance footage leaving town on a bus without him. There are the text message and phone call in which she told her estranged boyfriend she had killed Gabriel.

Since Johnson's arrest, she has refused to speak to investigators, and it's unclear whether the mystery will ever be solved.

"Time is not on our side when it comes to the recovery of this child," Hale said. "The recovery chances grow much more dim as time goes on."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2010/01/17/20100117missingbaby0117.html
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: This is sounding more and more like the Casey Anthony case   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:15 am

As time has passed, the case of Gabriel Johnson has taken several twists, most of which have been refuted by police.

The following are questions and rumors and the Tempe Police Department's responses.

Who is Gabriel's father?

In a custody document filed in December, the child's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, lists two potential fathers. The media quickly jumped on the possibility that the baby's father might be someone other than Johnson's estranged boyfriend, Logan McQueary. Police interviewed the other man, said Tempe police Cmdr. Kim Hale. The man, as it turned out, was a relative of Tammi Smith, who was working with Johnson to adopt Gabriel. The man told police he did not know Johnson and could not be the father of her child.

Johnson gave the baby to a mystery couple.

Several media outlets reported Johnson was working with the FBI to create a composite sketch of a couple she reportedly gave Gabriel to in San Antonio. Police sent out a news release to refute this, and emphasized in a briefing that Johnson is not cooperating with investigators. She hasn't made any indications to police about what she's done with Gabriel and has only spoken with them to ask for water and to use the bathroom, Tempe police Sgt. Mike Horn said.

Video footage exists of her giving the baby away.

Tammi Smith told reporters that she has met with Johnson in jail, and that Johnson told her there was video footage at the FBI of Johnson handing the child over to a couple outside a San Antonio hotel. Sgt. Steve Carbajal, a Tempe police spokesman, said immediately after the reports surfaced that there was no such footage.

Johnson gave her baby away in a Texas park.

San Antonio news stations reported the name of a specific park where Johnson met the mystery couple, Carbajal said. But he said police are unaware of any such park.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2010/01/17/20100117missingbaby0117.html
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:33 am

This case is starting to take the same path as the Anthony case. The Smith's are not on the up and up, they have been caught lying and trying to commit fraud. Elizabeth is more interested in herself than her child, and now we have the infamous park. LE needs to ramp this up! They need to bring cadaver dogs to the dumpsters, or put pressure on the Smiths.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:28 pm

nnrpece wrote:
This case is starting to take the same path as the Anthony case. The Smith's are not on the up and up, they have been caught lying and trying to commit fraud. Elizabeth is more interested in herself than her child, and now we have the infamous park. LE needs to ramp this up! They need to bring cadaver dogs to the dumpsters, or put pressure on the Smiths.

Donna - Sorry I haven't been on for a few days. I've been trying to use my spare time to search for the Utah missing mom.

This case really disturbs me too. With these suspects being allowed to continue to lie or withhold information, something needs to change, especially when you have a little baby or child out there who is in extreme danger if they are still alive and the mother (or another) refuses to cooperate, i.e. Johnson, Casey Anthony, Misty Croslin. Many may not agree with me but when a child's life is believed to be in danger and someone we know has information refuses to cooperate I say bring back torture. Waterboard Johnson until she talks. Sure it's cruel, but may be necessary to save this baby's life.

Nancy Grace had a great suggestion to LE and that is to offer completely immunity for return of the baby.

I just hope that beautiful little boy is alive, and found before he suffers any more psychological trauma!
Back to top Go down
TexasGoldenGirl
Admin
TexasGoldenGirl

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:50 pm

I agree with offering complete immunity and even add a reward for return of the live baby.

It is entirely possible that the baby is dead and the mother is trying to keep from getting tried for murder. It wouldn't surprise me, and this story is a thousand time better than Casey Anthony's story. Plus they didn't find evidence of the child's decomposed body in the trunk of Elizabeth's car.

They should keep her in jail for kidnapping until if and when the child turns up alive because it seems very likely to me that she did kill the child and just came up with a story to keep from getting the needle. If the child never shows up alive, she should rot in jail.
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Girls! Linda I am so very rpoud of you for helping with the Susan Powell case. My fear is she is dead. The husband is arrogant and everything he has done is not normal for a grieving husband. I also agree with you , when someone is missing and you were the last person seen with that alive person, ie Misty, Casey, Susan Powell's husband, Gabriels' mom, then you should be held accountable to cooperate and also be considered a suspect. Elizabeth Johnson has shown she has anger issues, cutting up her sons crib and clothes as well as the baby's fathers clothes. I am fearful. She has rage like Casey does. Casey was better at hiding her rage. I would think with all of the publicity if a couple has him they would come forward. A friend or relative would come forward. You can't hide that you have a child from everyone. Someone would eventually talk. LE needs to get busy. They are all way to slack with these missing people. I am not trying to sound mean, I know they have other cases, but this seems to be turning in to a trend recently with young moms and missing wives. jmo
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 pm

New pictures show baby Gabriel in Texas
by Jared Dillingham
Posted on January 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM
Updated Friday, Jan 15 at 9:22 PM

TEMPE - Late Friday, Tempe Police released a series of pictures, showing 9-month-old Gabriel Johnson alive in a San Antonio motel. A couple of the photos are date-stamped "December 26th," which is the last day police can confirm Gabriel was alive.

Continued . . .
http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/New-Pics-81822177.html[font=Arial]
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Golden - They should have a press conference and spell it out for anyone who is holding the baby. They hvae the choice:

1. Losing baby plus charges and prison sentence.
2. Anonymously drop off baby or turn in with no charges and a reward.

It is so frustrating that these deadbeat mothers could drop off their child at any hospital and be free if that is what they want but they can't control their tempers long enough to even get to a hospital!

This feral breeding has to stop and the only way that is going to happen is education in high school because most of these deadbeats have parents that are the same.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Thank you Donna. After talking to Susan's best friend, Josh's best friend, Susan father, and people who know Josh and gave me little tidbits I have a theory that Josh put Susan's body down an abandoned mine in the west desert. I was in touch with a mine search group who offered to help LE so I let them know about my idea and gave contact info for this group. LE has been following this with some of the mine search members for about a week. There are hundreds of mines way out in the desert along these trails. Snow has really hampered my ability to get out as far as I want, but I just feel good knowing LE is out there searching. It seemed like this case was going cold before that.
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 am

your welcome Linda, I hope they find her so her family can have closure. You are such a good person for helping out.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/southeastvalley/tempe/story/Tempe-PD-2-investigations-involve-missing-baby/xgsbK2cK80iD5ZWBC0ifjg.cspx
TEMPE, AZ -- Police confirm to ABC15 there are two, separate, yet parallel investigations involving the disappearance of 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson.

A team of detectives are working a missing persons investigation and a homicide investigation at the same time because it is unknown if boy's mother gave the child away or killed him.

Tempe detectives have also released photos taken of the baby boy who has been missing since his mother left Tempe with him in late December.

Tempe Police Lt. Mike Horn said in an e-mail that the pictures were taken from Elizabeth Johnson's camera when she was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida nearly two weeks after the pair went missing.

Horn told ABC15 a group of investigators from the FBI, San Antonio Police Department, Maricopa County Attorney's Office and other agencies are actively involved in the case across the country.

Johnson was indicted by a grand jury Thursday.

Horn says investigators believe all the photographs were taken at a Home Gate Hotel and that the last two photos have a date stamp of December 26.

Johnson was indicted on charges of kidnapping, child abuse, custodial interference, and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

Well known TV show, America's Most Wanted, featured the Gabriel Johnson case, but Horn would not discuss any tips generated by the publicity, only that investigators continue to get tips and are using every means possible to get information.

Officials say Johnson fled the state with her son during the week of December 22 in an apparent custody dispute.

Tempe officials confirmed that on Thursday night detectives searched the home of a Scottsdale couple considered 'persons of interest' in the case of missing 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson.

On Friday, Jack Smith said police took his laptop computer and made a copy of his business computer's hard drive. He said they also took brochures they had for a foster agency.

Jack Smith said he had "a hard time understanding" the timing of the police activity at his home.

"If they had got here at 6 in the morning, they could have had coffee with me and spent the day with me," he said. "But yet, they had to keep my daughter from going to bed last night until midnight. My daughter is always in bed before midnight."

He said police arrived around 7:30 p.m. to secure the home until the search warrant arrived. Smith said detectives began searching around 11 p.m., finishing around 1 a.m.

The Smiths say they offered to allow police search the home weeks ago.

"Let me tell you how worried I was," said Jack Smith. "I fell asleep on the couch."

Tempe Police Lt. Mike Horn discusses the case

The search warrant came just hours after Tammi Smith voluntarily met with Tempe detectives for more than two hours Thursday.

As she walked out of Tempe Police Department Headquarters, Smith could be heard saying, "That was rough."

She went on to talk to reporters and quickly admitted that she played a role in manipulating paperwork with Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of baby Gabriel.

"I made a poor decision back when I met Elizabeth," said Smith. "I helped her (Elizabeth) file her paperwork so she could get her child support and things like that. There was another name put on there and I helped her (Elizabeth) fill out that paperwork, and because of that it obviously doesn't make me look good."

The name on the paperwork was apparently Craig Cherry, Tammi Smith's cousin, which prompted Tempe police detectives to look into the possibility Cherry was Gabriel's father.

When contacted by phone Friday, Cherry said he does not blame Tammi Smith for helping Johnson use his name on the paperwork, suggesting he was a "potential father" of Gabriel. He said he believed Tammi Smith was trying to protect the baby from his biological father, based on what Johnson told her about him.

"Instead of putting a false name there, I helped her (Elizabeth) put another name," said Tammi Smith.

With her husband, Jack, waiting nearby, Tammi went on to say she and her husband do not have attorneys, but were considering calling one.

While the Smiths are labeled "persons of interest" in the case by Tempe Police, Elizabeth Johnson is considered the prime suspect in her son's disappearance and is not cooperating with detectives.

Police released several photographs of Gabriel Friday, which they said were taken in Johnson's San Antonio motel room and were found on Johnson's camera.

Logan McQueary's family has been keeping relatively quiet about the case, his father Frank McQueary spoke out about the case Friday, asking the public for help finding his grandson.

He asked people to keep an eye out for, "that next door neighbor buying stuff for a baby and they didn't have a baby before. Let somebody know."

He said the family is confident Gabriel is alive, despite phone calls and text messages from Johnson to McQueary saying she had killed the baby and that his "blue" body was in a diaper bag in a dumpster.

"The people that have Gabriel don't want to give him up, that it's somebody that Elizabeth for some reason or another has this arrangement with, that they want to keep him, and we want him back," said McQueary. "I want my grandson back."

Officials say Tammi, who had wanted to a adopt Gabriel, spoke to Elizabeth Johnson in jail Wednesday.

Smith said she is confident that baby Gabriel is still alive after meeting with Elizabeth Johnson.

According to Smith, Johnson left the toddler with an unknown couple in San Antonio, Texas on the day after Christmas.

She told reporters after the meeting that "according to Elizabeth, these people are going to try to hide this baby because they believe that in a few years nobody will notice who this baby is."

Smith also said Elizabeth told her the couple came to Elizabeth's hotel room in Texas with a new car seat, placed Gabriel in the car seat, and abruptly left.

"She did definitely describe the people and what they look like, they're definitely in San Antonio, she (Elizabeth) did sign paperwork, but they did not notarize it or anything like that," said Smith.

According to Smith, Elizabeth also told her during the nearly 45-minute jail house visit that the couple did not "buy" Gabriel and the man and woman were both white in their 30s.

In the meantime, police say a reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for the safe return of the Tempe toddler who disappeared with his 23-year-old mother last month.

The reward is being offered through Crime Stoppers in San Antonio, Texas.

Anyone with information about Gabriel can call Crime Stoppers at 210-224-STOP or online at http://www.sacrimestoppers.com.

Johnson was arrested last month in Miami and according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, she was booked into an Arizona jail on charges of custodial interference and kidnapping.

Her cash-only bond is set at $1,100,000.

The Tempe Police Department is leading the investigation. According to spokesperson Steve Carbajal, investigators believe Tammi and Jack Smith have undisclosed information that will lead them to baby Gabriel Johnson.

"We should have been persons of interest from day one," Jack said. "We are persons of interest. We were probably the last people to see Gabriel before he left town."

The Smiths had apparently tried to adopt the 8-month-old from mother Elizabeth last month, but Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary refused to sign the adoption papers.

"When Gabriel disappeared, they said basically, if you really care about your son and you want him back, and you want Elizabeth to bring him back, that you'll sign the paperwork and then she'll bring him back to us, and you'll know he's safe," said McQueary. "And I said, no, I'm not signing any paperwork."

The Smiths said they were just relaying messages from Johnson to McQueary after she had taken off with the baby.

"Let's do this paperwork, and maybe she'll tell us where the baby is," Tammi said. "It's not legal anyway, but does she have to know that? I mean, I'd rather get the baby back and sign the phony papers, but I guess the detectives don't want us to do that."

When McQueary tried to gain custody of Gabriel, Elizabeth apparently disappeared with the infant.

Carbajal said Elizabeth initially told authorities she gave her baby to a couple she met in San Antonio while on the run after skipping out on a custodial hearing in Phoenix.

"They wanted the baby and she simply gave it to them," said Bob Johnson, Elizabeth's grandfather. "It sounded like a pretty weak story. It was almost on the border of unbelievable that a person would do that with an 8-month-old child."

But Johnson also said he doesn't believe the Smiths had anything to do with Gabriel's disappearance.

"That's ridiculous... no, God, no," he said.

Bob said his daughter met Tammi at an airport when Gabriel was just a month old. He said Gabriel was fussing and Tammi came to help Elizabeth, and then cared for Gabriel the entire flight home. After that, they apparently kept in touch.

In a Facebook message posted by Tammi on December 23, she said, "Please keep praying for Gabriel and his Mommy's safety on the road! She has found underground help in TX that has given her formula/diapers, etc. and all the legal formalities... Keep praying for his safety.

Appearing on the Nancy Grace show again Friday, Tammi said the message was directed at Gabriel's father.

"At first she mentioned that it was a domestic violence shelter, and she had used the word 'underground' maybe once in the conversation," said Tammi. "And instead of saying 'domestic violence,' I didn't want that to make Logan think that he was violent towards her."

Despite reports that they wished to adopt Gabriel, the Smiths now say they have nothing to hide, and that they're doing all they can to reunited Gabriel with his father.

"We were actually just thinking of maybe just getting a dog," joked Tammi. "It seems to be a hard process adopting, and I don't know that we want to go through this again, unless the courts said, here's a baby and the parents both signed. That's different."

Police are also working with the FBI, along with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and are taking tips from all over the country from anyone who may have spotted the baby.
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 am

It looks like they are investigating this as a homicide and or missing persons. I say bravo, they need to do this. given Elizabeth's anger issues as well as frustration issues with raising a young child. Somehow the Smith's imposed themselves in her life. They are not squeaky clean, and they hide behind the "christian curtain" using God as a crutch to make them appear nice. The daughter they have now is actually Their granddaughter. Jack Smith got custody of her. Apparently it is rumored, I don't have those facts, only blogger comments, that Tammi Smith has had children in previous marriages but she does not have custody of them. I wonder if they are running some kind of baby broker ring? Oh well... time will tell with them as well as Karma will come back around. I am concerned that no one has come forward with this little boy. That is a big red flag. If someone does have him they need to do the right thing and drop him off at the police station. I also think the police need to bring cadaver dogs to Elizabeth's car, the hotel room, the hotel dumpster, and find out which landfill it goes to.
Where is the diaper bag she claims she put him in to the baby's father? If she gave away the baby at the park, why would random people have a car seat handy?
Who would just accept a baby from a stranger at a park? How would you even know that person was the custodial parent of the baby? This does not add up, and Elizabeth is refusing to cooperate. Why?

Here are my two theories,

Are the Smith's baby brokers and they were paid well for this, therefore they are keeping this quiet and telling the family to stay underground for awhile. Did they send a couple to meet with Elizabeth? Is that why Tammi Smith is making sure she is talking to Elizabeth, goading her to keep quiet and perhaps hinting they will get her out of this and maybe give her money?

Did Elizabeth become so frustrated and angry that she o'd little Gabriel with tylenol and then hid the baby or threw him away, fleeeing to Florida. Is that why she is not talking? What would she have to gain by keeping quiet?
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:06 pm

LE IS NOW SEARCHING A LANDFILL...
Exclusive: Police expected to search landfill for missing baby

BEXAR COUNTY, Texas -- Police were at a landfill Friday that officials previously said they might want to search in connection with the case of a missing 8-month-old baby.

Gabriel Johnson was last seen in San Antonio on December 26th. Last week, investigators informed the operators of the Allied Waste - Tessman Road Landfill located at 7000 IH-10 East about the possibility of a search.

News 4 WOAI have been checking the site each day. When News 4 WOAI crew pulled up to the site Friday, several officers were there along with search dogs. However, police would not answer any questions.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Exclusive-Police-expected-to-search-landfill-for/zwNXyG1pAkyavvRY9wVmZg.cspx
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:39 am

This case is so eerily familiar to Caylee Anthony. That landfill should have been searched in the beginning of this case, when it was reported to LE by the husband that Johnson said she smothered him, put him in a diaper bag and dumped him in the trash. They should have immediately searched the Motel 6 dumpster, or if it had already gone to landfill, quardoned off the area(s) it could have been dumped. I sure hope htey do not find little Gabriele dead. Johnson had so many other options! I just fear that her rage was out of control.
Back to top Go down
TexasGoldenGirl
Admin
TexasGoldenGirl

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:30 pm

The odds of that baby being alive are slim to none. It really seems like this woman is just trying to get off the hook for murder. If that baby doesn't show up alive, I personally, would have no trouble convicting her of murder if I were on the jury.
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm

I am still on the fence. I somehow think Tammi Smith is involved, at least I am hopeful. I ask myself why would she tell Logan that she killed their son fully knowing he would call the police, and then she fled to Florida. Is she that stupid? I am thinking it was a blackmarket adoption. I don't want to think of the alternative. But then I ask myself why is she not revealing anything? Has anyone tried to make a plea deal with her for the return of Gabriel? THIS IS A TOUGH CHIC, SHE IS LIKE CASEY, VERY SELF CENTERED AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HER CHILD. oops sorry about the caps. I hope when they search the landfills they are using the grid methods... Leave no stone unturned. Search for a live and deceased child. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
critterfan

critterfan

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:40 am

Now that Tammi has been charged with felony counts something will finally come out. I would give anything to find out this little man is alive and being held "underground".
Back to top Go down
nnrpece

nnrpece

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 am

I would too, critter fan. Tammi is an unstable woman with obvious issues. She has committed crimes and hides behind the God curtain. She will be held accountable and hopefully we will be able to bring Gabriel home.
Back to top Go down
LindaOz
Admin
LindaOz

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:01 am

I was very encouraged a few days ago when a witness finally came forward stating they had seen the mom and baby with a Hispanic man and a couple in their 30's in a park at least two times. This was what the mom ha dtold LE. I hope this is a good witness!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

baby Gabriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby Gabriel   baby Gabriel Empty

Back to top Go down

baby Gabriel
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next